1146 WAVERLEY ST. PALO ALTO, CA 94301 • (423) 521-0265 • EMAIL
Combine creative, strategic, and communicative skills to understand and to meet clients’ needs. Bring to the table a unique combination of technical and customer-service abilities.
- Creative approach to problem-solving, as demonstrated in filmmaking, non-profit administration, Web development, and instructional experience(s);
- Have demonstrated successful completion of many large, challenging projects;
- Superior written, oral, and visual communication skills.
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 2003. Double BA: English Language / Literature and French Language / Literature. Cumulative GPA: 3.98; graduated magna cum laude.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & AFFILIATIONS:
- Producer, Independent (2002 – present) Production and post-production of video content; work directly with clients in the course of creation to ensure the best possible experience. Have produced numerous short documentary films which have been screened all over the country, in both organization-internal and public / cinematic contexts. Other work has included 30-second commercial / PSA spots for local television.
- Web Developer, Independent (2003 – present) Design and coding of numerous Web sites (mainly static and WordPress-based); have worked directly with clients to meet design objectives. Work samples available upon request.
- Communications Specialist / Member, Board of Directors – SHAKING RAY LEVI SOCIETY (SRLS) – (2003-2009) (SRLS is a Chattanooga, TN-based non-profit Arts organization whose mission includes presentation of underground music and fiscal sponsorship of various kinds of film production.) Crafted and implemented SRLS’s outreach strategy, which entailed a richer, more interactive, and archival Web experience, as well as a committed engagement with our audience(s) through social media. Achieved substantial growth of our email list, in membership, and in event attendance as a direct result of these outreach strategies.
- Member, Advisory Board — CHATTANOOGA / S.E. TN FILM COMMISSION (2006-2009)
One of the inaugural Mayoral Appointees to the commission; was deeply involved in the initial administrative deliberations, which included formulation of long- and short-term operational strategy, crafting and definition of the commission’s Mission, committee formation, and community relations planning. Served as founding chair of the Local Projects Committee, which was charged with the task of liasing with the local / regional filmmaking community.
- Primary Artist / Project Facilitator, “REEL STORIES” PROJECT – (2006-2007)
A comprehensive, six-month-long after-school program, “Reel Stories” provided a group of fifteen High School students with the opportunity to produce their own documentary film after an initial study of the history and rhetorical methodologies of the documentary form. Duties included curriculum design, on-site program management, technical oversight of preduction and post-production, and thematic guidance through directed class discussion. Organized by the Association for Visual Arts and funded by the Tennessee Arts Commission.
OTHER RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- DESIGN LEAD: WEB AND UI DESIGN, AUTO ADVANTAGE GROUP (2012) Designed and coded the Web site; additionally designed a prototype User Interface for the company’s Automotive Dashboard Computer application.
- CORPORATE BLOG WRITER / EDITOR, FOUNDRY HIRING (2012) Wrote original content for the company’s (now defunct) blog. Additionally worked with the company’s founders to edit other writers’ content in accordance with corporate communications objectives.
SELECTED GRANTS, AWARDS, EXHIBITIONS:
- 21st CINEQUEST FILM FESTIVAL, San Jose, CA – Producer / Director of feature film THE GLASS SLIPPER (2011): Official selection; in competition as part of the “New Visions” program.
- 20TH CINEQUEST FILM FESTIVAL, San Jose, CA – Producer / Director of feature film HELL IS OTHER PEOPLE (2010): Official selection; in competition as part of the “New Visions” program.
- INDIVIDUAL ARTIST GRANT – Allied Arts of Greater Chattanooga & Tennessee Arts Commission (2006): In recognition of the quality of my work as a filmmaker and of my service to the Chattanooga, TN Arts community; funds granted for purpose of upgrading camera and audio equipment. Mine was the most highly-funded award in this grant cycle.
- ARTS BUILD COMMUNITIES GRANT – Allied Arts of Greater Chattanooga & Tennessee Arts Commission (2004-2005): This grant provided primary funding for the production of a feature-length silent film which I wrote and directed. I researched for, wrote, and administered the grant, the execution of which involved the interviewing, hiring, and supervision of 12 high-school- and college-aged interns.
Numerous references are available upon request.